Posted in News on 15 Oct 2019
Alesco helps those with mining operations and investments across the globe to manage risk at all stages of the project lifecycle. We look after a diverse client base offering a broad range of risk and insurance products and services to enable miners to capitalise on commercial opportunity.
Our team has successfully provided solutions and placed complex risks for 40 years. We have extensive exposure to a huge variety of mining methods and risks, allowing us to develop robust and tailored insurance and risk management solutions for all of our clients.
We recognise that mining companies operate in unpredictable environments and strategic risk taking is an inherent part of success. Companies that demonstrate a more sophisticated approach to risk are better supported by the insurance market.
We play an important role as your risk management partner – advocating you and your risk by always:
- Understanding individual risks and needs
- Adhering to the highest standards of moral and ethical behavior
- Providing detailed and intelligent translations to the insurance market
- Developing options and achieving superior outcomes
- Delivering through experienced, motivated, client focused and managed teams
- Our global team works with 500+ mining clients with operations, projects and investments across the globe
- We service clients in 60+ countries
- Our clients operate across 25 diverse commodities from gold and silver through to lithium and uranium
- We work on a truly cross-class basis
- We have a strong market presence coupled with an extremely ethical and client focused approach to looking after business.
WE HAVE INTERNATIONAL TEAMS OFFERING A RANGE OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO THE MINING SECTOR:
Our service and products are bespoke. We take the time to understand our clients and their business.
We pride ourselves on doing things differently:
- The diversity of our client base means we understand mining from many perspectives. We work with miners, traders, financiers and contractors around the globe
- We take a full project managed approach to looking after our clients and our senior brokers work on every mining account, regardless of size or premium paid; it is their experience that makes the difference and adds the value
- We don’t rely on our brand to do the talking in the market. We negotiate with informed skill and tenacity to deliver leading programme design, structure and price
- We believe in tactical broking; aligning insurers locally and internationally to provide reliable, robust support that extends beyond renewal periods and takes account of clients’ long-term risk management objectives and market cycles
- The true value of an insurance policy is claims performance. Alesco’s claims team remains in-house and in-team helping us support you and delivering additional value: protocols, scenario analysis, distressed claims and benchmarking
- We relish tackling volatile environments and understand the complexities of placement, compliance and certainty
- We constantly assess and deliver a programme that grows; continually improving options and products that meet the growth and direction of our clients business.
Alesco offers a proactive risk and premium management strategy for our clients to anticipate a variety of risk environments and outcomes.
- Structuring, Placement and Insurance Pricing: programme design cost versus benefit analysis, total cost of risk analysis and benchmarking.
- Reserving: retention funding studies, burning cost analysis, and stress testing.
- Visualisation: tools to understand your risk profile in respect of natural hazards, weather and topography.
ALTERNATIVE RISK TRANSFER (ART)
Risk transfer doesn’t have to mean traditional insurance. We have particular expertise in Alternative Risk Transfer (ART); nontraditional risk solutions including retention financing, capital solutions and captives.
INDEPENDENT POLICY STRUCTURE AND PROGRAMME REVIEW
Our global specialists are able to conduct independent reviews to give mining companies a valuable second opinion on their policies. We make recommendations on suitability, price and renewal suggestions.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Samantha Duncan | Executive Director, Property
T +44 (0)20 7204 1874 | E. Samantha_Duncan@alescorms.com
William Fremlin-Key | Director, Property
T +44 (0)20 7204 6201 | E. William_Fremlin-Key@alescorms.com
||Alesco is a specialist insurance and risk management business located in the heart of the City of London. Founded in 2008 by a team of experienced professionals, we provide a wide range of risk-management services and insurance solutions which are fundamental for protecting organisations. We work closely with underwriters in the London markets, in key global insurance centres, and with local broking partners in 150 countries.
CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This information is not intended to constitute any form of opinion or specific guidance and recipients should not infer any opinion or specific guidance from its content. Recipients should not rely exclusively on the information contained in the bulletin and should make decisions based on a full consideration of all available information. We make no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or correctness of the information provided. We and our officers, employees or agents shall not be responsible for any loss whatsoever arising from the recipient’s reliance upon any information we provide and exclude liability for the statistical content to fullest extent permitted by law.